Start of something new Ein weiterer Blog.
many hopes, plans and wishes "Nicht noch einer", denkt ihr euch.
we'll see what happens. Wir sind ein Unikat.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Fanfiction: Crybaby

1st POV by Deft

Pairing: Rekkles x Deft (hint of one-sided Spirit x Deft)

Characters: Deft (Hyukkyu), Rekkles (Martin), Gwangjin (Heart), Dayoon (Spirit), Cheonju (Acorn), Samsung Blue Coach(es).

Mentioned: Seungbin (Imp), Inkyu (Dandy), Sehyung (Mata)

A/N: I'm totally shipping the two of them and they are the bromance couple at this year's worlds<3 sooo cute especially after I found out that Rekkles was the one starting fanboying Deft first and not the other way round. Daaw (vomiting sugar and rainbow of fangirlness). Hmm, I seriously start to like the two Samsung teams quite a lot too :3

This story takes place before and after the first match between Samsung Blue against Fnatic at Worlds in Singapore. For those who doesn't know what happened: SSB lost to Fnatic and Deft cried on stage.

Prepare yourself for a very looong story (muahahaha)

_____________________________________________________

The time had come and we were finally facing each other on the Summoner's Rift. I did not know whether I should be looking forward to the match or not because it was time to decide, which AD Carry was the better one. If I could re-arrange the groups, I would not put Fnatic in the same group as us and especially not as our sister team. Seungbin-hyung, Inkyu-hyung and Sehyung-hyung would definitely want to take revenge on the European team for dismantling them a year ago. An easier one like Group B or Group D would definitely increase their chance to advance to the Round of 8. The two of us could go to Korea together for sure... No, maybe not for sure but it would have increased Fnatic's chance to get out of the groups stage. 

Rekkles... he was such a nice guy and we chatted a lot over the LoL client during his time in Korea. I would have loved to Duo queue with him but unfortunately he did not reach Challenger during his time boot-camping in Seoul. Maybe we could do that another time. 



I had never been this nervous before and I could feel the pressure. Our sister team might be watching this game and all our fans around the world as well. They expected me to do greatly and I had to show them that I was worth it to be called Top 3 in my respective position. My hands were trembling and if I wanted to be victorious, I had to show the world my best performance, which meant I had to kill him. 

"Hyukkyu, are you ready to win?" Gwangjin-hyung asked and smiled at me. I nodded hesitantly. Did Gwangjin-hyung know that I was stuck in a serious dilemma? I did not want to kill someone who recently became very dear to me but I had to if I wanted to win. Rekkles might be in the same difficult situation as me... Why? Why did we have to fight each other in such an early stage of this tournament? 


After the Samsung Blue vs Fnatic Game 1...

How many charms, how many cocoons and hooks did I eat during in that game? Way too many... There were no escape from those skillshots! No, I had to dodge everything that was thrown at me but I was unable to do that. I failed terribly as a positional AD Carry while Rekkles was dominating the game as it was expected from him. He, a Western progamer, proved that he was the better AD Carry of the two of us. Seungbin-hyung might be laughing at me because I got wrecked by a non-Korean. All the emotions, the sadness and disappointment in myself broke my heart and tears were streaming down my cheeks. I played so bad, I did not deserve to be on this stage.

"Hyukkyu..."

I ignored the voices of our coaches who were trying to calm me down. Did they not see that I was a broken man? I could not stand this pressure and all the expectations anymore! Why could the press, the public and the community not leave me alone? I was just trying to do my best like Seungbin-hyung. The whole Samsung White team did greatly in Taipei while we, I lost the game... Rekkles and his team played so well when they defeated us. 

"Come one, Hyukkyu, we have to leave the stage. Get your things together, quickly."

As if my soul had left my body, I got up and gathered my mouse, keyboard and the rest of my things together and did like I got told to. Dayoon-hyung helped me to get off the stage and I could feel that he was worried about my mental state. I followed the others to the waiting room just to let my tears streaming down my cheeks like a waterfall once more. 

"I'm sorry, everyone," I sobbed and bowed to apologize to all my teammates and coaches. I felt I was the main reason for our loss and the least I could do was saying sorry. 

"Hyukkyu, you were not the only one who did mistakes," Dayoon-hyung said and put his hand comfortingly around my shoulders, "we all did a bunch of mistakes."

"Spirit is right," one of our coaches agreed to our Jungler, "You all did not well against Fnatic and that's why we have to focus on the next game against LMQ. We can win this one if we pull ourselves together."

"But I played terribly!" I started shouting, my depression immediately started to turn into anger, "I could not position myself well in the last game and I got caught when I should not. I'm the worst player on this stage."

"Hyukkyu, stop saying such nonsense..."

"I'm a disappointment to you all!" I shouted but my anger was not directed to them but to myself. I left my teammates behind and rushed out of the waiting room. All I wanted was to be left alone and not have to face my friends or anyone else for the next couple of hours before we had to go on the cursed stage, the terrible place where I got humiliated and killed by my own incapability to carry, again. I returned to the practice room, that was assigned to our team, and logged in to my gaming account. Playing a few Solo queue games to get rid of some pressure and anger might be the best although I did not really feel like climbing the ladder at all. The last thing I needed was dealing with some Solo queue trolls and ragers.

"Hyukkyu, there is someone looking for you," our coach tipped on my shoulder but I did not turn around to look at him. Was it not clear enough that I wanted to be left alone? I clenched my heart and tried to hold my tears back. No, I must not shout at our coach although I had the urgency to. Stay calm, Hyukkyu, calm down. Suddenly I heard someone saying something in English with a heavy Scandinavian accent to our coach and I immediately turned around. 

It was him!

What was Rekkles doing here? Should he not be with his teammates and coaches and prepare for their next game against OMG? My mind went completely blank and my sadness and anger simply disappeared. Our coach was nodding to whatever Rekkles just told him in English, then he turned to me and translated Fnatic's AD Carry's words.

"He said when you feel sad, you can go to him and he will do whatever possible to cheer you up. Hyukkyu, the others are also worried about you and they want you to have the best mindset going into the next game."

I blinked a few times in surprise and then looked at Rekkles who was watching me the whole time. He must be thinking that I looked quite stupidly at that moment for sure... I had no words to say and even if I tried to, nothing would have come out of my mouth. I get up from my chair and finally brought a croaky "Thank you" out when Rekkles suddenly hugged me. 

"Hey, shit happens. Life continues and because you lost this time, you can do better next time. Don't be sad."

I did understand the context and what he was trying to tell me and I responded to his hug. It was so weird because it was not typical in Korea to receive or even give a hug to someone you barely know. Especially not to your opponent from Summoner's Rift. I started crying again but this time for no particular reason. I did not even feel sad or anything... to be honest, I had no explanation why I was shedding these stupid tears. Rekkles must be thinking what a pathetic crybaby I was.

"Hey, don't cry," Rekkles said comfortingly and released me from the hug to wipe my tears away, "Come on, you're Deft, one of the best if not the best marksman in the world. You should smile and give your best in the upcoming game."

I nodded and was thankful for his comforting words. I wanted to ask Rekkles if he could give me another hug because... it felt good, so warm and encouraging... it was like receiving a huge boost of energy by someone really special. And his smell was intoxicating my senses and gave me more strength to carry on. Instead of asking him for another that favour, which would be super awkward and embarrassing, I took the initiative and wrapped my arms around his slim body. He seemed to be confused in the beginning but responded to my hug in amusement. I felt so much better than before.

"I will do my best," I said in English and the two of us laughed.

"Will you get 10 kills in the next game?"

"Yes."

I looked at our coach and he was happy that I felt so much better than before, so he quietly left the two of us alone. In this unseen moment, my Fortune cupped my face and place a light, quick but tenderly sweet kiss on my lips. My face flushed red, my mind went blank and it took me half an eternity (at least it felt like an eternity) that I got kissed by someone I really started to care for. 

"I believe in you," he gave me another kiss, this time on my forehead before he left the room with a comforting smile. Me in the other hand was just standing there, dumbfounded while trying to understand what just had happened. And... Did he wink at me before the door was closed behind him?? My heart was racing and beating hardly against my ribcage. This guy...

The door to the practice room was opened once again but this time the others entered the room.

"Oy, Hyukkyu, Coach said you've calmed down," Cheonju-hyung said while Dayoon-hyung pointed at my red face in surprise which immediately turned into worry.

"Did you catch a cold? Please don't tell us you fell sick."

I shook my head and tried to hide my red cheeks caused by Rekkles.

"I-I'm fine," I stuttered, "a-a-and sorry for behaving like a stupid three year old child. I should not have been disrespectful to you all."

Luckily the others did not ask further questions and let it be. We played some Solo queue games till our next match when Dayoon-hyung approached me while we were waiting for another game.

"Hyukkyu, I promise you that I won't let you cry ever again. Fnatic will bleed on Sunday for what they have done to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment